Here is a brief history of our club:
1919 A piece of land was leased in Park Road and the club was born.
1920 Company Formed
Affiliated to E.C.B.A.
1921 Present site of club purchased by John Weir on the understanding that when funds were available the Company would purchase it from him. Documents to this effect were signed on 19th October 1921 A further portion of land was purchased from the London Baptiste Property Board. Contract for laying the green cost £740, and a sum of £240 for fencing the club in.
1922 Construction of pavilion agreed, opened 15th July (cost £800). The annual subscription was set at £3. 3s
1928 Ladies section formed.
1929 Pavilion extended Bar licence applied for and granted. Beer 4d a pint, Whisky 3 1/2d Gin 3d.
1939-45 World war brought many difficulties to the club but despite these the club survived, and all credit is due to those who kept things going during those years and after.
1955 Green re-laid (cost £1500).
1967 Ladies Section disbanded
1969 Golden Jubilee (61 Bowling members 92 Social Members 44 Bowling fixtures).
1973 New Lounge opened
1976 Ladies section resurrected.
1978 Ladies section affiliated to E.C.W.B.A.
1988 New Bar, Dressing rooms and Kitchen opened.
2001 Ladies & Gents sections merged to be a mixed club.
2005 New Pavilion extension opened April 17th.
2015 Registered as a Communities Amateur Sports Club.